In Nashville on Friday, at the Vanderbilt Healthcare Conference, I gave a short talk on a panel focused on the question “What’s next for healthcare information technology innovation?”
The talk focused on answering a couple of key questions:
- What does innovation in healthcare mean?
- Where are the major areas in healthcare where innovation is required?
And it had a few key takeaways:
- Understand health tech buyer fallacies
- Understand PBU: Payer vs. Benefiter vs. User
- Understand why healthcare businesses buy stuff so you can build the right thing
My speaker deck is found below (if you’re reading this through a feed reader you should click into the blog so that it is visible). You can download the PDF here. After you’ve flipped through it, let me know what you think by dropping some comments below.