The Southern California Linux Expo (SCALE) has announced plans to host an Open Source Health Care summit as part of their upcoming 2007 conference, SCALE 5x. The event will be held on February 9, 2007 at the Los Angeles Airport Westin Hotel. Here’s what they say about it:
The focus of this event will be on the use of open-source software in the health care industry. The goal of this event is to foster an awareness of the availability of open-source options to medical organizations, private practices, and hospitals.
Topics to be covered at this workshop include:
- Relevance of Open Source software and Open Standards for the Health Care industry.
- Integrating proprietary systems with Open Source software.
- Case studies of using Open Source software in health care environments.
- Open Source software in the private medical practice.
- Open Source software in regional health information organizations.
- Current and future growth of open source in health care.
- Birds of a Feather discussion sessions for IT, medical and business users in the medical space.
The call for papers for this event can be found online at: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/healthcare07/oss-healthcare2007-cfp.pdf