After the 4 thousandth time I’ve cursed Microsoft Outlook, Word, or Excel for “auto correcting” the acronym “EHR" to “HER” I finally took 30 seconds to fix this once and for all. I figured with 20 years of programming experience I should be able to figure it out 🙂
Here’s what you should do if you’re tired of having to change “HER” back to “EHR" in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other apps (I copied some of this from the Microsoft Help text):
- Click the File tab and then, under Help, click Options.
- If you are using Outlook 2010, click Mail and then click Spelling and AutoCorrect…For all other programs, go to step 3.
- Click Proofing.
- Click AutoCorrect Options.
- Find “ehr" in the list. It will appear in the Replace box.
- Click Delete.
- Rejoice and type “EHR" to your heart’s content.
Are you going to OSCON next week? I’ll be in Portland at OSCON – look me up!