The nice folks at HealthAdministrationDegrees.com recently interviewed me about my thoughts on healthcare IT and how to get jobs in the industry. The following questions came up:
- How did you get started blogging, and what was the goal behind your blog the Healthcare IT Guy?
- How can someone get started working in healthcare IT? How important is it to have a medical or healthcare background in addition to an IT background?
- What would you identify as some of the biggest challenges for students entering healthcare IT today, and how can they prepare for the field?
- What are some of the misconceptions within healthcare about the use of IT in the field?
- How are consumer technologies like smart phones affecting healthcare IT?
- What do you hope to see for the future of healthcare IT?