The Military Electronic Health Records Conference is being held at the Holiday Inn Rosslyn in Arlington, VA on Thursday and Friday this week. Military EHRs are a complicated topic and I have been invited to deliver a talk called Using Connected Medical Devices to Improve Military EHRs & Integrating Social Media into Military EHRs. I will be presenting on Friday afternoon at 1:45p but should be around at the conference before and after as well if you’d like to meetup.
Answers to some of the key questions that participants will learn about include:
- What are the goals and objectives of the DoD EHR Way Ahead Program?
- What is the future of AHLTA? What are the lessons learned in EHR implementation? VLER installation?
- How will the introduction of Service-Oriented Architecture tools and technologies facilitate interoperability among DoD and VA EHR Systems?
- How do you measure EHRS effectiveness? Ensure security and privacy? How are Web-based hosting and Cloud Computing changing the approach to EHRS?
- What new capabilities are being developed in EHRS data mining and global, mobile EHRS?
- How do we tie military and private systems into the National Healthcare Information Network?
- What new opportunities and projects will becoming available?