ExecutiveBiz.com has nice post this week on 26 ways to grow your healthcare IT business. There are some good ideas in the posting and are summarized here.
1. Recognize healthcare IT as more than an IT opportunity.
2. Maintain specific focus on each and every customer.
3. Help your team see the larger picture.
4. Speak the language of your customers.
5. Participate in the standards-setting conversation.
6. Broaden your vision of potential health IT partners.
7. Keep in mind that web based-information technologies are the future.
8. Develop domain expertise capability.
9. Proactively bring innovation to the table.
10. View yourself as long-term partner.
11. Demonstrate a multidisciplinary approach to technology.
12. Embrace open source as the wave of the future.
13. Wear two hats — as a taxpayer and investment collaborator.
14. Put yourself in the beneficiary’s shoes.
15. Keep in mind medical records aren’t the only game in town.
16. Healthcare IT isn’t just about the providers.
17. Get to know the big players.
18. Offer a combination of technologies.
19. Leverage commercial best practices.
20. Focus on cybersecurity.
21. Look to other industries.
22. Draw on expertise from commercial and global markets.
23. Look beyond hardware or software affiliations.
24. Get the sociology right.
25. Remember the end goal.
26. Stay actively involved.
There’s not a whole lot of detail on each item at the ExecutiveBiz post but it is worth reading if you’re in the healthcare IT business.